Pictures of Enzo's Memorial Service

On October 6, 2010, 6-month old Enzo was in a car accident with his parents and older brother and sister. Almost 48 hours later, he went home to be with Jesus. This blog is run by his family members and is our way of sharing our grief and hope with everyone who cares to visit. We rejoice in knowing that one day we will be reunited with Enzo in eternity! If you would like to contact us, you can email us at InMemoryofEnzo@gmail.com (not case-sensitive).

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Mommy, we are precious!"

Today marks four years since our sweet Enzo went home to be with Jesus. I can think of no better way to commemorate this bittersweet day than sharing a wonderful tidbit that we heard about just this morning!

Gigi in Colorado wrote the following:
"After reading your post  about baby Enzo...it touched me so much that I implemented the "we are precious rule" in my car. Anytime I am on my phone while driving, my girls remind me from the backseat ,"we are precious." It makes me think of this sweet boy and how precious life is and how unimportant texting is. Continue telling his story and it will continue to save lives. "

Thank you, Gigi, for implementing that rule in your car and for sharing it with us! What a wonderful idea, to have your children help keep you accountable when the temptation is the highest.

Confession time. You may think that because of all we went through, I would never even think about texting and driving. I know better. I mean, I really know better because I had a front row seat to the devastating consequences. But unfortunately, the temptation still creeps up on me from time to time.

So... I am going to implement Gigi's "we are precious!" rule. I have nothing to lose (except my pride when my kids have to tell me to do the right thing!) and everything to gain. It could potentially save lives today. Maybe tomorrow. But even more so in the future when MY kids are suddenly old enough to drive and begin implementing what they saw ME do behind the wheel, in all their growing up years. They surely will have heard me tell them not to text and drive. But our kids will pick up what we do, far more than just what we say. Maybe the "we are precious!" rule will go on for generations and generations!

If you are tempted to text and drive every once in awhile, if you are a parent - consider asking your kids to hold you accountable too.

Grace and Peace,
Auntie Melissa





2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely story. Thank you so very much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Gigi from Colorado's note. And your thought, Melissa about kids picking up what they see vs what they hear. What a wonderful thing to pass on from generation to generation - "we are precious" rule.

    ReplyDelete