Pictures of Enzo's Memorial Service

On October 6, 2010, 6-month old Enzo was in a car accident with his parents and older brother and sister. Almost 48 hours later, he went home to be with Jesus. This blog is run by his family members and is our way of sharing our grief and hope with everyone who cares to visit. We rejoice in knowing that one day we will be reunited with Enzo in eternity! If you would like to contact us, you can email us at InMemoryofEnzo@gmail.com (not case-sensitive).

Friday, February 25, 2011

"Tell my mom I am fine!"

Today, Enzo's cousin, Hunter, woke up and immediately told about a dream he had last night. Here are his own words, with absolutely no editing or coaching:

"So I had an image from God last night in a dream, which I think is
really cool and it was about Enzo. Ok, so I get this image that I see
Heaven and people walking around in it. And then Enzo walks up to me
and says "hey! I'm fine! How are you?" And then I said "good." And so
then he says "Thanks for the balloons you sent up to me, I really like
them." And then he said for Auntie Kate "can you tell my mom that I am
doing fine?" And then God came up and said "yeah, Enzo's doing fine."


Hunter insists that this was real - an image from God, he kept calling it. When I asked if maybe it was just a dream, he insisted that it was straight from God and absolutely would not change his mind. We immediately wrote down the dream and sent it on to the rest of the family - it has brought us great sunshine and comfort today in our souls!

The faith of children is mind-blowing. Who of us, as adults, may have been sent that dream from the Lord, only to wake up and dismiss it as our own imaginations? I imagine most of us would have let our logical sides takes over - no wonder the Lord chose to speak through a child to bring comfort to our family! 

Hunter is seven, will be eight on Tuesday, March 1st. The balloons he was referring to were the ones my kids drew pictures on and wrote messages on and sent up into the sky "for Enzo." This was the day after the memorial service, and we wanted to find a creative way for them to acknowledge their grief and say goodbye since we did not make it to the hospital in time before he died. My kids still talk about that every once in awhile and ask if I think Enzo received his balloons. I never know how to answer. :)

3 comments:

  1. I still think of Kate often and pray for her and her family when I do. I am friends with some girls who are close to your family and always ask how everyone is doing and wish there was something I could do.....Thank you for your blog posts' I dont know why but Enzo and your family have touched my life - you have taught me faith, forgiveness and how to fully rely on Christ Jesus for strength....

    ReplyDelete